These are documents published by other folks which I’ve found to be interesting.
- Manual for Autogram IC-10/LC-10 broadcast console.
- Manual for Autogram IC-10 Audio_Console, another version of the original manual.
- Manual for Autogram IC-10 Audio_Console. Rockwell-Collins version of the manual.
- Altec 436C Schematic diagram only, and spec sheet.
- Altec 436C Tech schematic and tech notes.
- Altec 436C EMI . This document contains the tech notes as well as notes on modifications made to a 436C by EMI engineers. (1987/1991).
- DAP Model 310 Manual – Dorrough Electronic’s classic 1970s tri-band AM/FM audio processor. Power Supply Update – Power supply update to the DAP310.
- Gates Sta-Level Schematic, manual, and a nice article which appeared in Radio World. Note: a company called Retro builds an updated version of the Sta-Level for musicians and recording houses.
- Valley People 440 – Late 80s compressor, limiter, clipper, deesser in a 1RU package. Popular in recording studios.
- Inovonics 235 AM Processor – Used in AM broadcasting, this small processor pack an audio punch. Can be modified for bandwidths of 9, 7.2, 6.4, and 5KHz audio pass. (HF bcst uses 5KHz)
- Sigma ADA-106 Audio Distribution Amplifier, balanced/common output.
- Audiometrics 16000 – Sold under the Harris line, clean 1RU DA used in radio/TV.
- Shure model 55SH Exploded view of parts.
- Shure model 55SH Spec Sheet from 1997 (recent production).
- Shure model 55 Spec Sheet from Feb 1951.
- CRL Dynaflex DX-2 Noise reduction system manual.
- DBX 150 Type 1 Noise Reduction. DBX-150 Owners manual. 1RU full size. DBX-150 Service manual. DBX-150X Owners manual, 1RU half size
- Sangean WR-11SE AM/FM professional AM/FM table radio.
- Plate Reverb Chamber – Construction article by J.C.C. Associates.
- Build a Plate Reverb – Article by engineer Bob Buontempo. Very good read.
- ElectroVoice Speaker Comparison Guide – Compares various EV models. Use this chart to compare some of the models detailed below.
- ElectroVoice Guide to Enclosures – 1970s “How To” on building speakers. Read this before attempting to build one of the speakers below.
- How to build a ElectroVoice Speaker System – 1976 How to build speakers from the ground up. This publication talks about some of the design parameters and applications. There are also good pictures of the types of speakers produced by EV in the 1970s.
- EV Model 30W-1 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 49″ x 62″ Large bass speaker. 1st version.
- EV Model 30W-2 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 49″ x 62″ Large bass speaker. 2nd version.
- EV Model MC12A Speaker Cabinet Plans – 23″ x 36″ Large cab using a horn, tweeter, and 12″ speaker. Considered more a studio speaker.
- EV Model MC8A Speaker Cabinet Plans – 19″ x 25″ Medium cab using 8″ speaker. Like the MC12, only smaller.
- EV Model SP12C Speaker Cabinet Plans – 23″ x 36″ Large cab using a 8HD horn, T35 tweeter, and 12″ full range speaker, modified. Another good studio monitor.
- EV Model SP15A-1 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 26″ x 38″ Large cab using a 8HD horn, T35 tweeter, and 15″ full range speaker. Good for studio & road.
- EV Model SP15A-2 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 26″ x 38″ Large cab using a 8HD horn, T35 tweeter, and 15″ full range speaker. Good for studio & road. Minor tweaks.
- EV Model SP8C-1 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 16″ x 18″ Medium studio monitor using 8″ full range speaker, T35 tweeter, and horn driver. 1st version.
- EV Model SP8C-2 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 16″ x 18″ Medium studio monitor using 8″ full range speaker, T35 tweeter, and horn driver. Minor change.
- EV Model TL305 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 48″ x 96″ Bass concert cab, using 28″ speaker.
- EV Model TL4025 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 60″ x 46″ Horn loaded bass concert cabinet, using 15″ speaker (best on stage sides).
- EV Model TL405 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 37″ x 23″ bass concert cab, using 16″ speaker.
- EV Model TL4050 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 34″ x 90″ bass concert cab, using (2) 15″ speaker (horn loaded bass box).
- EV Model TL505 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 30″ x 21″ bass stage cabinet using 18″ speaker.
- EV Model TL606 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 19″ x 23″ bass stage cab using 15″ speaker (usable range 40 – 1,300 Hz).
- EV Model TL606Q Speaker Cabinet Plans – 70″ x 86″ stage bass cab using (4) 36″ speakers. (usable range 36 – 600 Hz)
- EV Model TL806 Speaker Cabinet Plans – 14″ x 17″ stage bass box using 12″ speaker. (Usable range 60 – 1,600 Hz)
- EV Model TL806Q Speaker Cabinet Plans – 70″ x 86″ stage bass cab using (4) 28″ speakers. (usable range 50 – 800 Hz)
- EV SP13.5TRBXWK Rearaxial Softspeaker – The rare Rearaxial Softspeaker for A/V room applications.
TUBES & TUBE PJTS
- 1945 document on Tube Substitutions in two page PDF.